What is this?



This is a blog where I'll be writing up any dreams I feel I'm awake enough to write about. I may even do some analysis.

Treat this as a Dream Diary, basically.

Saturday 8 July 2017

7th of July 17 - The Lightning

I am at a pub in a town I once lived in. I believe I knew the people that owned the place. I didn't come for a drink, I am more lounging about. I don't think I necessarily had any aim in being here, but I do recall chatting to someone I once knew.

At some point, I left the pub. I started flitting across this quiet end of town, heading to places I'd not been in years. My old bedroom was one of them. It was apparently still in the condition I'd last left it, I don't know how long it had been left this way though, it felt like it should have been years. I have a look through some old CD and game cases (Heroes of Might and Magic 3), in the hopes of finding something. I’m not exactly sure what I was looking for, but found nothing.

My dad appeared here at this point, asking what I was looking for. I responded that I was looking for nothing in particular, but I recall feeling guilty, as if I was looking for something shady, drugs perhaps? He mentions my mother, and I reply that I know of her current situation. She is currently working, something important, something secret, and something potentially dangerous. I realise that I need to be there, and start to head in the direction I believe her to be.

My dad and I head together into the centre of what feels like a rather extravagant city. It is fast approaching night, but there are thousands of people heading to and fro, having a fancy time in their multicoloured clothes. There must be some sort of celebration or holiday that I’m not aware of going on. The clothes people are wearing seem like a mash-up of Victorian and the colour choices of the 70's.

There are a lot of blue ribbons being twirled by various revellers holing onto sticks, and there are barrels and boxes full of spares. I take hold of one in each hand, and start using them to catapult myself around, twirling them behind me, giving me a temporary jumping boost.

On our way through the city I pass into a game shop and glance over the shelves. Yet again, I’m unsure of what I’m searching for, and I leave empty handed.

We move on, passing through a large square with lots of people talking, shouting, dancing, singing. The square is full of classical architecture, converted on the ground floors into modern shops, all of which are shut or shutting for the night. One street leading out of the square heads in the direction of an industrial end of town. We move on, surrounded no more; there is nothing here for people at this time.

The industrial area is comprised of factories, surrounded by canals and large flat bridges. Numerous chain fences surround the factories, lining the roads, large grey-green pipes cross over constantly, presumably feeding electricity and gas between the factories. In the distance I see flashes of lightning, plumes of fire reaching up to the sky in response. I know that this is where my mother is located.

We hurry forwards, knowing that my mother is in danger, that something had gone wrong. My dad tells me to get away, that there was nothing I can do here; the person my mother was meeting had powers, the ability to shock people and temporarily stun them if they were within a certain radius of the blast.

I don’t know what my thought process is, but I get close. I have to lure him away somehow. He immediately sees me though, and I become the focus of his attention.

We meet gazes, and something about our eye contact changes me. I feel like I have stolen something from him, without fully understanding what. Was this the reason I felt I had to get close to him? To gain some of his power? As I come to this realisation, I realise that he is coming for me. I have to get away.

I run back towards the city, my only worry is towards myself. Lightning crashes down close behind. I am outside of his attack radius, though I feel that he is faster than me. Lightning strikes some of the pipes covering the road and flames lash out in response again.

I run on, reaching the street leading into the city square. I can tell that I’m close to being caught, and in fact, as I run down the street a blast catches me close and knocks me off my feet. Desperately I clamber up and half-stumble half-run into the square. As I do so I snatch some of the long blue ribbons from a passer-by.

I propel myself over the crowd, they’re still as raunchy as they previously were. Ballgowns and cloaks of many colours. As far as the crowd is concerned, nothing out of the ordinary seems to be happening.

I hope that my chaser has not seen me yet, so I quickly throw myself out of the square using the ribbons, up a small side street still bustling with people. It curves upwards, and I dive right into the middle of a colourful crowd. I keep up my pace, reaching the top of the road where I decide a building is the safest place; I can hide. I propel myself up once more, immediately seeing an open window, somebodies bedroom, and dart inside.

I land and immediately shut the blinds. Breathing heavily, I look around and press myself against the wall. Am I safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment