What is this?



This is a blog where I'll be writing up any dreams I feel I'm awake enough to write about. I may even do some analysis.

Treat this as a Dream Diary, basically.

Wednesday 12 July 2017

11th of July 17 - Las Vegas Cavern

I am at work, though I believe the actual place I’m in is a combination of the top floor of a hospital, and my grandmothers house. There are lots of people coming and going, presumably working. A lot of people I don’t know.

I try to get my work done but I am incapable of doing so with this much distraction surrounding me. I decide the best thing to do is freeze. I start getting questioned by various people who work here, but I decide not to answer at all and play dumb. This eventually garners some sympathy and probably a bit of pity, apparently I am fine with this. Eventually most people start leaving, I begin to act like freezing was was my plan all along.

As people have mostly left, I start playing a console video game. Two people I apparently know come in out of nowhere to join me. One is a current real-life co-worker. The game involves chasing/poking another player for points. I watch the two guys play, one is playing as a shifting green blob with yellow eyes, the other a pink floating cloud with an angry expression, both climbing/slithering/floating up walls to escape the other. I tell them a fact about how one character is a localised addition outside of wherever the game is made because of religious reasons. (He floats, which is apparently a big no-no wherever this game was produced).

We pack up, all ready to leave for home. We become aware of the presence of a man in the back garden though (the location I’m in fully becomes my grandmothers house at this point). He is clearly some kind of junkie; shirtless, one working eye, mullet, brown teeth. He asks if he can come in for a moment. We open the door slightly and tell him that he can’t come in. He starts getting angry. We continue to tell him he can’t come in and that we’re sorry but those are the rules and it ain’t happening. I realise at this point he is a zombie.

I attempt leave via the front of the house, though the road has a few zombies loitering around. I get on my bicycle and attempt to ride off down the street, but zombies close in on both sides. There’s a small cul-de-sac off the road I’m on, I ride down into it and avoid the zombies by riding up a set of stairs that lead back to the actual road. It’s worth mentioning here that a different real-life co-worker of mine distracted the zombies at the top of the hill/road whilst I went into the cul-de-sac.

I ride on to reach a main road that has a lot of traffic. The road and traffic lead in the direction of Las Vegas (apparently). There are no pedestrians, just cars and vans. Apparently the road to Las Vegas enters some kind of mountain and becomes an incredibly long tunnel. It then turns out that Las Vegas is the name of a supposedly massive enclosed city. I walk there, sometimes on top of the cars, sometimes alongside them. As I pass some of the deadlocked cars, one forlorn person tells me that he remembers being at the end of the line; there are thousands that now follow him.

I (and a couple of people I am apparently walking with) eventually reach a large cavern filled with sand and illuminated with a yellow glow from somewhere. There are clay tubes that lead down from the road into the base of the cavern, shaped like the letter U. Kids are holding on to devices that let them be swept along into the cavern by downward momentum. (Think a disc that fits into the U with handles on either side.)

One of the companions I’m with wonders out loud how the clay lasts due to weather and the constant use by the sliding children. I laugh along with some others; “You just slap new clay on top!”

We continue walking and at some point reach the centre of the cavern. I begin to form some rudimentary form of government along with a small group of people. It’s a very solemn affair. There’s a man (Glen from TWD) and a woman with white hair. We begin by bowing our heads for her in memory of her husband who I believe died to zombies. (I note that I thought this to be stupid as I was sure lots of people had died already by this point, though I actually hadn’t encountered any death thus far).

I start to look around, apart from the U-tubes, the cavern seems empty; no sings of habitation at all as far as I can tell. This is meant to be some sort of mega-city? I notice cars attempting to drive into the tunnel from both ends though and realise it definitely seems to be considered the only safe place for some distance. I don’t have a clue where the cars are parking though.

I look up, and realise that the giant cave we’re in has houses built into the rock ceiling, so high up that they look miniscule from the cavern floor. They look like small red bulges with tiny black holes along the wall. Suspended from the walls just as high up are giant steel cables that support platforms and more buildings. Any new weight added would have to be accounted for, and I realised then that surviving and carving out a new home would not be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment