What is this?



This is a blog where I'll be writing up any dreams I feel I'm awake enough to write about. I may even do some analysis.

Treat this as a Dream Diary, basically.

Sunday 7 July 2019

6th July 19 - Aquarium

I'm in a dingy and dark dormitory. Rows of empty beds suggest that people aren't currently around, though I am here with at least one other. His name is Heboric, and he is a burly bald guy who I get the feeling has some sort of mental deficiency. I head outside, it's a bright day in a small but very close-built village. The person running the dormitory is nearby. I'm not sure if he's in charge of us, owns us, or just responsible for us, but it seems he has the power to decide who is let out, and Heboric has been told he is not allowed out today.

I catch up with the boss, and it turns out it's Mr Burns. I ask him if Heboric would be allowed out today and the response is a simple 'no'. I decide the best way to overturn this is to be an annoying twat and start singing loudly and making banging noises. It works, and Burns says he can leave, great!

I head back to the dormitory and try to tell him the good news, I can't quite say his name correctly though. My brain keeps slipping back to a friend's name (H) instead, and there is somewhat of a similar feel between them. I get it right and let him know he can leave. As I do so it seems I'm annoying some people who are present. Looking around it turns out that the dormitory is just half of the large room I'm in, the other half seems like some sort of modern conference room and has a few people milling about performing financial work. There's a girl in a red dress who is looking at me with minor irritation, so Heboric and I leave promptly.

We head out into the town and wander about. It's just small alleyways and the occasional market stall with very few people around. I do come across a few more friends (J&L), and J tells me that there's something really interesting just round the corner. I continue on and find another stall, this one is selling toy bow and arrow sets, which I think it pretty cool. I search through them all and try to find a good cheap one, but they're all very childish unfortunately. J catches up and tells me that this isn't what he meant, and that the interesting thing is further on.

I continue on further and eventually hit an alleyway with a door at the end. We head in and a co-worker (Pa) is inside sat on a couch smiling at me. It's a small white room with some generic furniture, the couch is facing the wall directly opposite which features a massive aquarium.

The aquarium stretches from the ceiling to about 1 foot from the floor, where it rests on a small section of wall, it covers the entire wall from side to side. It's a light blue and there are only a few small fishes swimming in it, but it's incredibly striking. The more I stare at it the more I feel that something is off about it, and I wonder if the other side is in fact  an alternate reality. I start becoming somewhat convinced that it's actually a mirror dimension, where everything is completely swapped, and the idea that it's right in front of me starts to consume me.

I'm snapped out of my concentration when J and Heboric start pushing wedges of wood into the sides of the aquarium, presumably to see if it moves. Whilst they do so I start playing with some black thread and a needle, throwing it at the aquarium for some reason. Enough wood is being pushed into the sides of  the aquarium, that it starts to move slowly backwards. I get tense wondering what is about to happen, as it starts tipping backward. The aquarium finally reaches the tipping point and topples backward, shattering on the floor behind and sending glass and water everywhere.

It turns out the room behind is just a regular room, the aquarium wasn't hiding any secret alternate realities at all, and we all realise that we'll be in some big trouble if we stay here. We scarper back out the way we came and head back into the maze of alleyways, eventually emerging on some sort of main road. There's a billboard here offering payment for dragon eggs, depending how old they are. 1 day old 700, 2 days 900, 3 days 1400. It seems dragon eggs sell based on how much time has been put into them, and I remark to J that it's not much money, before realising that dragons are (apparently?) very common these days. I actually have a hatched dragon back at the dormitory I believe, though I don't recall knowing this 5 minutes ago.

I start to consider that the dormitory building has enough space to house a dragon hatching area and recall once again that it actually does have a dragon hatching space. It's a steam room below the dormitory filled with eggs getting enough heat for incubation.

I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment