What is this?



This is a blog where I'll be writing up any dreams I feel I'm awake enough to write about. I may even do some analysis.

Treat this as a Dream Diary, basically.

Sunday 16 June 2019

16th June 19 - Plan

Infiltration, somebody bad had wormed their way into my family. They were sowing discord and forcing me out. I sneak home, the place I go is not really my home though.

It's evening, the sun having just gone down, I've entered the house. I know the infiltrator is inside somewhere, though so they know my intentions? We meet in the living space and I am unable to hide my dislike for them, in a way which tips them off that something is wrong. Before they have a chance to get away I pull a gun and aim it at them.

Their hands raised, they attempt to talk me out of this path, I don't think they believe I will actually shoot though. I do.

One shot, entering through the forehead, killing them instantly. A wave of relief hits me, their destructive influence won't be taking hold anymore.

I pick up a cordless phone, it's white and blocky, clearly quite old. I ring 911 because apparently that's the police here. I speak to a female operator, I tell her that I've just killed someone, and then my location. I don't think she quite believes me until I start sobbing into the phone. Am I crying because of what I've done, or because I believe that's what should be done?

I hear sirens and open the front door, am old fashioned saloon car-turned limo pulls up. It's white, sparkly, and has sirens. It reminds me of the Ghostbusters ambulance, just elongated. I hang up the phone, saying that people have arrived, the operator saying something inconsequential but urgent as I throw the phone away.

I get into the limo, it's a team of people that I'm aware of. Are they superheros? Maybe unpowered heroes with lots of money, doing what they can to stop crime? I'm not sure, but they seem to want to welcome me into the team and I'm happy enough to go along with them.

The limo raises into the sky and somehow becomes some sort of jet. We're heading out of the town I live in, to a distant city. A mountain comes up in front of us as we pass over a body of water. I'm told that the base is inside, then we're suddenly rocked by a large impact.

We've been fired at, something is attempting to shoot us out of the sky. One of the wings has been torn off, and the vehicle is pitching wildly from side to side. Repeated shots are made, we are avoiding them as best as we can, but the other wing also gets shot off. Inside I am reassured by a woman, light brown/blonde hair, the vehicle can handle much worse.

Indeed we're basically a rocket at this point with charred nubs our stabilising flaps. We head straight into the mountain, a large door opening in the rock face to let us inside. The impact is less than easy as we crash into the hangar and slide across the floor. We evacuate immediately and one of the heroes runs back towards the hangar doors as they haven't closed yet. He manages to manipulate some sort of energy field which protects us whilst the doors are open, and lets him close the doors in the process.

We are safe inside the hideout, and I begin to head inside. Something feels wrong though, and I realise it's my feeling that someone might have infiltrated this base. I head down winding corridors, metal panels and pipes lining the walls. I wonder who is at fault for this and come to an easy conclusion. Kingpin.

I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment