What is this?



This is a blog where I'll be writing up any dreams I feel I'm awake enough to write about. I may even do some analysis.

Treat this as a Dream Diary, basically.

Tuesday 25 June 2019

24th June 19 - Jungle

I am in a dense tropical jungle with brilliant green foliage. It's nowhere near as hot as it should be though. I seem to have a top down map of the area in my head, and decide to head to the top right part of it, to an area I feel might be closed or off-limits.

I get there and find a mountain pass, brown rock extending sharply upwards to the left bordering a narrow trail, with a cliff edge descending off to the right. It's late night and hard to see, but I can tell that the pass is off limits because of a large amount of boulders blocking it off. I feel like I can still get around the blockage though, and basically try a 'jump' over the empty space to the right, which actually works and I find myself on the other side.

I find that it's day on this side, and I can see a wide-ranging Savannah stretching out to the horizon. Something feels off though, and I realise after a few moments that it's because of a lack of animals. Specifically a lack of Elephants and Giraffes. I turn to the side and see a large fancy hotel-type building and realise there is a holiday resort here planted in the middle of nowhere. The lack of animals must be because of the resort, and I decide to side with the animals and try to restore the area to it's former beauty.

I get the feeling that I shouldn't be here though, the fact that the path was blocked off makes me think that this area is a 'higher level' or is of a further progression than I should be at. Nevertheless, I infiltrate the resort, and do my best to act like I belong there. It's clean and new in there, fully air-conditioned which feels great. Staff walk around in red t-shirts, and most seem content to ignore me. I don't recall the details, but eventually I am spotted though and have to make a hasty retreat. The job here seems to difficult for now.

I head back into the dark jungle and make my way towards an area I believe I can have an influence over. I get the impression that it has something to do with ants, and I can vividly see a mental image of a huge mound of swarming blue ants that my brain tells me are 'Diamond Ants'. I'm not sure what the objective is, but I'll help them out anyway.

I make my way through more of the dense foliage, and start seeing a lot of vivid bright colours ahead and to the sides of me. As I continue on I can start to hear music, and eventually I enter a small clearing. Everything around me is bright and swirling with colour, and in front of me is a small stage with what appears to be a strange looking Noel Gallagher playing music on. He's playing Black Star Dancing, which is a pretty good song. Eventually he stops playing and we begin to have a chat, apparently we know each other.

Noel starts to tell me about a local tribe that used to be active around here. They fell into bad times when they started to introduce women's football apparently. Noel shows me some videos on an old portable TV/VCR set that you'd find in old classrooms. The quality of the football is actually really good, and I comment to Noel that this is exactly how I try to play when I play FIFA.

I start trying to help the village by rearranging cardboard representations of the original buildings into a coherent shape. It takes a few tries to get it right, especially when trying to include an awkwardly sized football pitch. Somehow my rearrangement seems to have translated to the village itself, and I can see a few of the incredibly stereotypical tribes-people start to make their way back into the area as a result.

Everything seems to have gone down rather well actually. There's no women's football being played yet, so I don't know how that will go down. I also have no idea what this has to do with the Diamond Ants, but I'm willing to roll with it till the end. The tribe start throwing a party, with more flashing trippy lights and nice music. I join in with the revelry, dancing away without a care in the world. I decide at this point it would be a good moment to tell Noel that I fancy trying the tribe's sacred fruit (which I'm picturing as a juicy pear).

The revelry immediately stops, and there are angry reactions from the majority of the tribe. Several start yelling at me, and several stand next to me and yell back at the others. It feels like a massive brawl is about to break out, purely because I want to try this fruit. Things start getting angrier and angrier...

I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment